Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 26, 2003

    I just received a call from a dispatcher at AT&T Relay Services. I'd never heard of this great service until now, so she caught me by surprise. The conversation went a little something like this:

    Martha: Hi. This is Martha, a dispatcher for AT&T Relay Services. I have a caller trying to reach you via TTY. She will type her side of the phone call and I will read to you what she writes. You will then respond to me, and I will type your side of the phone call to her. Ready?

    Me: Sure.

    Martha: (with a vague southern dialect) David, it's me Michelle. Did you call me earlier tonight?

    Me: Say what?

    Martha: (again, with a vague southern dialect) David, it's me Michelle. Did you call me earlier tonight?

    Me: I think you have the wrong number.

    Martha: OK. Let me respond to the caller...(a few seconds elapse)...Here's the response "Whoops! Sorry. OK, good night. Bye."