Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, December 05, 2003

    Although it's been around for a long time now, I thought it would be good to remind folks of the Jive Server. So for those of you snowed in this weekend (and even those who aren't), you can spend some quality time translating your favorite text into jive. For instance, my last post:

    We be all guilty o' it. At some kinda' point, we've "googled" our own name, o' names o' otha' sucka's in our lives t' spot whut random webpages we could uneart' from da past.

    It be late. I strayed from da 9-to-5 search t' "google" mah name an' I caint recon' whut I found. Word to yo' mama. Back in high school (down low, 1992) I scratch'd out some short creative ficshun piece called "All's Well Dat Fat-ladies Well." Da story wuz some long strin' o' cliches -- I wanted t' spot how many cliche phrases I could 'esploit in some short story an' still make it relative-like cohesive. Not only be da damn story posted online, but dair be feedback posted dat I've neva' seen until now.

    Google found some few otha' interestin' links. Howeva' I aint some junior high school English learna' on Miyako Island in Okinawa.