Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 24, 2004

    Objects in mirror may be more incorrect than they appear

    While driving home on I-95 yesterday, I was caught in traffic due to an accident that occurred on the other side of the highway. A beige-striped A-Team-style van plowed into the back of a roadside cleaning crew truck. Thankfully it appeared there were no injuries as I crawled by at 7 mph. The accident occurred a few hundred yards from an on-ramp where the on-ramp lane merged into the traveling lane. As a brief onlooker, I couldn't determine the cause of the crash. However I'd suspect that signs like this, posted at merge points, can't help the situation:

    What's your sign?

    <rant>
    Is it just me or is this sign very misleading? I see them everywhere denoting two lanes merging into one. But that's not what the sign says. It appears that two lanes get closer together, or the road narrows -- not two lanes merging into one. I'd think that accuracy would be a priority -- especially at 65 mph.
    </rant>