Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, March 23, 2004

    All out of whack-tkins

    Today was not a good "food" day for me. It's not like I ate five Big Macs, inhaled a bucket of fries and chugged a carton of chili. Instead, I unintentionally broke all the rules of the new low-carb craze. I'm not on a low-carb diet, but it's pretty clear I did a bad thing when I ate a bagel for breakfast, leftover mac 'n cheese and cous-cous for lunch, and chips 'n salsa for a late afternoon snack.

    As I sit here eating a bowl of pasta and vegetable focaccia bread, I realize that the rest of the carbs in the house should be scared. Tomorrow I think I'll just reach for the chicken and chili peppers.