Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, March 27, 2004

    Bang on a post-classical revolution

    This week's New Haven Advocate has an interesting story about an emerging genre of music tagged "post-classical." The musicians have been around for a while, but lately southern CT has taken notice of a few big players, especially Bang on a Can (who are Yale grads?!).

    Their rendition of Brian Eno's Music for Airports gets the most acclaim. However, I love their version of Terry Riley's In C which is easily the most accessible rendition I've heard. And I just bought tickets to see them with Mr. Reilly himself at Wesleyan on May 7!