Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 12, 2004

    Who has two thumbs and likes pie? This guy!

    The weekend is upon us which typically means there's more time to cook at home. Here's a recipe I don't think I've shared yet -- and I use the term "recipe" loosely: The Cool Kid's Key Lime Pie.

    This dessert is a piece of cake. (buh-dum-bump!) You need three ingredients: 1) Cool Whip Lite, 2) Yoplait key lime custard-style yogurt, and 3) a reduced fat graham cracker pie crust. Mix about two Yoplait yogurts with some of the Cool Whip in a small bowl. Spread the mixture on the pie crust so it basically fills it. Top things off with a thin layer of Cool Whip. Finish by garnishing the pie with a slice of lime, if you're feeling fancy.

    Cover the pie with the plastic lid you get with the pie crust, and chill in the fridge for an hour or two. The pie will keep for several days. Now you have a fun treat that took you 3 minutes to create. If you enjoy the fruits of your hard labor, next time substitute the key lime yogurt with another Yoplait custard-style flavor, like cherry, lemon, or -- oooh! -- cappuccino!