Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 21, 2004

    Apples to oranges, and back to apples

    Six years have passed since I last spent time with an Apple product. I broke that streak today when my iPod arrived. It seemed like yesterday when I made it through four years of college with my trusty Mac LC. From paper writing to IRC to Scarab of Ra, my Mac got a lot of use, and choosing a PC over a Mac last year was a difficult decision.

    Now I've indulged in the iPod frenzy, and so far I'm quite impressed. Has the packaging won an award? It should. I'm like a two-year old playing with the box more than the toy. Plus you can't beat free shipping from Shanghai to West Haven in two days.

    My iPod was in Alaska!

    Now I can load up on 1920s Hawaiian songs, Tuvan throat-singing and minimal techno. Earbuds will mean no longer scaring the neighbors with my nervous music.