Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, April 17, 2004

    Firebird, Firefox, FireFun!

    It's been a while since I've used Internet Explorer as my default browser. Lately I've been into Opera and Mozilla, especially the latter. I've had issues with Internet Explorer 6 off and on since last fall. So I decided to take the leap and see what else was out there. I'm very happy I did -- Mozilla is a great product, and I just discovered Firefox (formerly Firebird). Firefox is a member of the Mozilla family; it's a lightweight browser with some surprisingly wonderful features, including:

    - Popup Blocking (shouldn't every browser have this?)
    - Tab-Browsing
    - Better Accessibility
    - Extensions, like the CSS Sidebar to make instant style changes to any site

    All this plus it's one of the most standards-compliant browsers available. Downloading and installation is quick, painless, and free. And if you already have Mozilla, no sweat, Firefox creates a new profile that won't interfere with existing settings.

    Enough with the web browser computer talk. Off to get ready for some delicious dinner at Zinc and live jazz.

    Ohh ohh, ya see, the kids they listen to the rap music which gives them the brain damage, with the hippin' and the hoppin' and the bippin' and the boppin', so they don't know what jazz...is all about! Ya see, jazz is like a Jell-O pudding pop, no! It's more like Kodak film, no! Actually it's more like the new Coke, it’ll be around forever, heh heh heh.

    heh heh heh