Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 28, 2004

    No NESN, no problem

    I was a little disappointed last October when I discovered that Comcast doesn't offer NESN in West Haven. But we've already been over this. Aside from listening to the occasional Red Sox game on WEEI (which transmits poorly along the coast here), I've been forced to get my Red Sox updates online.

    ESPN.com's GameCast was my weapon of choice for the last few seasons, until I recently stumbled upon CBS's SportsLine.com Game Center. It's much faster than ESPN's Java-based molasses feed. I love the in-depth features and attention to detail like the "replaced" section showing players taken out of the game and the color-coded pitch count. But, most importantly, I love the layout. SportsLine has done a great job with using every bit of real estate so I'm not forced to scroll up, down and all around to follow the ongoing stats. *BooM* It's all right there for you, and you pay nothing.

    Game Center doesn't replace the excitement of live baseball, but what do I care, the Sox are up over Tampa Bay 5-0 in the 8th.