Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 22, 2004

    Partly cloudy with a chance of glaaven!!

    The weatherman on the Channel 5 morning news is a little loopy, like a cross between Foster Brooks and Jerry Lewis. Granted, you need to show some enthusiasm to retain viewers at an early hour, but this guy is just nuts. At the end of each weather report, he usually signs off with some odd little non-sequitur. This morning he read off a list of CT viewers' birthdays that were happening this week. Not too strange except that there must have been at least 40 people on the list. By the end he was reading as quickly as that guy from the Micro Machines commercials (#5 on the list).

    The newscast then turned to the traffic reporter who was a little in awe of what just happened. She started in with her report as they showed clips of I-95 clogged with traffic. Suddenly you hear her break and say, "Scott, why are you standing over my shoulder making that face?" The camera cuts back to her with the weatherman standing in the back corner making silly faces. She asks, "What are you doing?" He replies in a creepy voice, "I just wanna look at you." She shudders and then he exclaims in his best Jerry Lewis voice, "I'm staring at the laaadddyyy!!"

    If every morning continues to be this good, I'm not missing the weather report ever again.