Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 06, 2004

    Crossfader Blues

    Lately I've been using iTunes (in place of Winamp) to listen to my music library while on my PC. I'm loving the "crossfading" feature which blends the end of one track into the beginning of the next when you're shuffling songs. It's like a radio show that just won't end.

    I only wish my iPod could crossfade too.
    That's why I've got the Crossfader Blues:

    Oh lordy! It's so rough...
    Down on myself, down on other stuff...
    That other stuff, being no iPod crossfade
    Couldn't it be something that Apple Inc. made?

    [lengthy harmonica solo]

    Oh lordy! It's so hard...
    Maybe it's a limitation of the memory card
    Whatever it is, I've got the blues...
    Those pesky, good-for-nuthin' crossfader blues...


    I suppose an iPod crossfade feature might be an eventual firmware update. In the meantime, I'll be playin' my Crossfader Blues. Oh lordy!

    (By the way, I'm sure it took me far less time to write my song than it did to collect icons from around the web.)