Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 15, 2004

    If you whine, they will come

    Interstate 95 has been plastered with new billboards advertising NESN -- New Haven's Sports Network. Yeah it is! Last time I checked, Connecticut was still part of New England. So I'm very pleased to see that my whining about the YES Network finally paid off and we're getting the New England Sports Network. Channel 58 is the new channel, however we don't currently get it. D'oh!

    Considering my decline in movie rentals lately. I think it's time to turn off the Netflix faucet and turn on the digital cable. I can't say no to those billboards of Timmy Wakefield (who's the centerpiece of a fascinating New Yorker knuckleball article this week).

    Speaking of billboards, what budget provided the massive sign at our town hall congratulating West Haven High School as the National Chess Champions?

    [EDIT: We're a new digital cable subscriber! Good deal -- 50% off the first 3 months so we took advantage of a higher package for less annual cost than the basic plan. NESN and On Demand, here we come!]