Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 17, 2004

    A perfect day for CD shopping

    This gorgeous spring weather reminds me of afternoons I'd spend scavenging the CD bins in Harvard Square. First I'd hit Newbury Comics, Twisted Village, and Other Music. Usually I'd pick up enough new music at those shops to keep me busy over two slices of cheese pizza and a root beer at Cafe Avventura.

    I'd then wander through Tower Records and HMV, often passing up the overpriced selection, but occassionally finding a few gems. I suppose I'd stroll through Urban Outfitters too, though I'd rarely buy something because my eyes were always on music.

    If I was feeling adventurous, I'd make my way down Mass Ave toward Central Square popping into the tiny shops like Mystery Train and Pipeline looking for good used deals. Eventually I'd be worn out from the walk and the backpack of new music. After catching a train back to Davis Square, Disc Diggers would still be open for a quick gander through their bins. I'd end the day by flipping through the free 'zines like Tower's Pulse and the Weekly Dig while listening to my new finds.

    Sounds like a fine day to me. Instead, however, I spent today's lunch break at Subway, and later, stuck behind an old Mustang burning oil on my drive back to work. Good times.