Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 26, 2004

    WiFi, WiNot?

    WiFi (or wireless networking) has been gaining popularity for a few years. But just recently it's weaved its way into your local coffeehouse, airport terminal, library, and the waiting area of your favorite tire center. There's even excitement over a zany wireless network implemented 17,500 feet above sea level. And who can forget about New York's MagicBike!

    I've had some limited exposure to WiFi setup through a recent project. I've been working with vendors to provide a wireless network at an upcoming Technology Solutions trade show in Hartford. They're building a great spot with quality equipment at a low cost to the exhibitors. When you examine the basics of WiFi, you quickly discover that a good solution doesn't mean an expensive solution. Why just look at the Poor Man's WiFi courtesy of a couple crazy New Zealand innovators and a Chinese cookware scoop.