Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 24, 2004

    Corporate colors: co-exist cleanly or clash catastrophically?

    I'm in the midst of a client's web design project and I'm trying to find additional complementary colors that can coincide with their corporate brand. I have no formal training in graphic design -- no color theory to fall back on, and no talent to "eyeball" the best colors.

    Cue the Color Calculator. This handy tool got me out of a jam and has a unique take on the classic color wheel that we all learned in elementary school. You can choose from a few different geometric shapes (square, rectangle, triangle, etc.) to overlay onto the color wheel. The intersecting points will give you the best color combinations. You can then dump the values (your choice of RGB, CMYK, or hexadecimal) right onto your clipboard for quick exporting.

    In addition to the Color Calculator, Master New Media has three alternative color theory tools to explore. You'll be matching colors like a big kid in no time.