Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 27, 2004

    Fire twirlers, strong men, and acrobats -- oh my!

    If you ever have the opportunity to go to Cirque du Soleil, GO. We just returned from a weekend in New York City, and we were amazed by Alegria on Randall's Island last night. Absolutely magical. From start to finish, all the acts were astonishing, including the contortionist who creeped me out.

    We spent most of our time wandering the Upper East Side, an area of NYC I've never explored. The Melrose Hotel, where we stayed thanks to Orbitz rates, was a classy, charming spot in the heart of the Upper East Side.

    When we weren't being harassed by circus clowns, we wandered parts of the Upper West Side and Central Park, including the zoo. Expect to see a few photos here soon. Maybe a monkey or two, if you're lucky.