Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 27, 2004

    Toe! D'oh!

    In my previous post, I mentioned we had an enjoyable stay at The Melrose Hotel in Manhattan. I would recommend it to anyone spending time in the East Side. The hotel is newly renovated, the staff friendly, and the rooms very clean with some well-beyond-the-average-hotel furnishings.

    One important detail though: The standard rooms are quite small. Not a lot of space to navigate and there couldn't have been more than 18 inches clearance between the end of the bed and a comfy, but heavy, wooden chair. It was only a matter of time before I smacked my foot on its unwieldy curved leg. I eventually smacked it, and smacked it good.

    We spent most of the day walking the city and I didn't think too much of my foot. Although, at times, I did detect an interesting twinge that could've been a signal for pain. Now home, I just hopped in the shower a few moments ago, and the fourth toe on my left foot is definitely broken.

    I've never broken a bone before in my life -- aside from a bad elbow sprain back in elementary school. I suppose there's not much you can do for a broken toe. Maybe ice it? Maybe splint it to an unbroken toe? Maybe scold it for being stubborn? If you have any advice to mend a poor guy's broken toe, let me know because that "interesting twinge" from earlier is beginning to evolve into a constant throbbing pain.