Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, June 22, 2004

    Weblog Post #250 (AKA what I saw on Saturday)

    Chris and I caught an in-store by Devendra Banhart at the Newbury Comics on Newbury Street Saturday afternoon. The show started early, but we saw most of it, including the last couple songs when Devendra thought it would be a good idea to stand on the table and dance around with his guitar.

    Devendra at Newbury Comics

    Devendra at Newbury Comics

    If you want to get a sense of his live performance, Spin Magazine has a few streaming video clips of his show at the offices of Spin last April.

    Later on Saturday, the Brazilian Center of New England (Inman Square, Cambridge) hosted Vetiver, Joanna Newsom, and Devendra. Stacie did a superb job organizing the show. It was sold out and all parts ran smoothly, including the post-show breakdown when I helped pack up cords and audio equipment, and generally tried to stay out of the way of Joanna Newsom's massive harp.

    Joanna Newsom

    Devendra Banhart