Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 25, 2004

    Your reading choices: Revolutionizing IT or Best Albums of the '70s

    I just acquired an armful of the newish David Andrews and Kenneth Johnson book Revolutionizing IT: The Art Of Using Information Technology Effectively. Work had extras after a recent promotion and I walked away with a small pile. I've given it a quick skim, and it's not a bad little book, although I think "revolutionizing" may be an overstatement for the material inside. It's a very, very high level view of IT project management (and project management in general), but it offers some solid advice.

    If you're a member of the PMI or a seasoned PM, then you won't get much out of this book. If you're curious about the topic, though, drop me a note offline and I can get you a complimentary copy of the hardcover edition. (The retail price is $29.95. The Amazon price is $20.37.)

    If the thought of project management makes you nod off, then maybe a list of the top 100 albums from the 1970s is more your style. Pitchforkmedia finished releasing their list this morning. I own 13 of the top 20. A good thing? Not sure. But I'm tossing on David Bowie's Low to celebrate the approaching weekend.