Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 15, 2004

    Bless Bless

    If you're looking for the perfect soundtrack to accompany your carefree tumbles down a grassy knoll this summer, I've got just the thing. The Icelandic music group Múm have a DJ set available online from a BBC Radio 1 session recorded in April 2002. Almost an hour long, the set is in mp3 format and includes great tracks by Múm, Augustus Pablo, Manual, and Sigridur Nielsdottir otherwise known as the "charming casio lady."

    In 2001, soon after Múm's release of their first album Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today Is OK, I dropped them an email to say hello. They responded cordially:

    Hallo Sean.

    Thanks for writing us, we are happy you like our musik. Are you from the United Stadt? Sorry we did not write sooner, we have been in isolation, recording a new one. Hope you will like it.

    bless bless,

    das múm


    By the way, we must thank Chris for discovering the DJ set I mentioned above. So, Chris: Thank you, and bless bless.