Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 30, 2004

    Democrats and their web browsers

    An ambitious soul is working on his own version of Internet Explorer 7. His project is "an attempt to make Microsoft Internet Explorer more compliant when it comes to web standards." Good stuff! But can we get the folks in Redmond working on this too? The IE7 Project is being tracked by SourceForge, and things are still in alpha these days.

    Anyway, what I want to say is that I was thoroughly confused this morning when I stumbled upon this news. With the name (and web domain) "Dean Edwards" attached to this project, I thought it was something related to Howard Dean and John Edwards. Kinda like how Al Gore says he invented the Internet.

    My initial reaction was what?! What's with the!? Is Kerry out? Is Edwards now running alongside Dean?? What!? Did I miss some big surprise announcement at last night's finale of the DNC?? Nope. Turns out, I'm just an idiot in need of some coffee.