Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 15, 2004

    Meal deals for a po' boy

    A small network of restaurants in the Hartford area take advantage of the Repeat Rewards program so customers can collect points with each visit. One of these establishments is The Cookhouse in East Hartford which I gave two thumbs up a couple months ago.

    Not only is the BBQ good, but they're relentless with their marketing promotions. During my first visit, I signed up for their points program and was given a $3 coupon to use on my next meal. So I returned and had a pulled pork sandwich (the waitstaff is so friendly!). A few days later, I received the restaurant network's newsletter in the mail. *BooM* Another coupon to use -- this time for $5 off the next purchase.

    I've since used that coupon, and today I returned with postcard in hand to receive double points for my catfish po' boy. They just keep reeling me in! By the way, I'd be dumping these promotions if it weren't for those sweet potato fries that are just so darn good.

    I wonder what I'll get next? Maybe another coupon? Just call me BBQ Boy!