Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 22, 2004

    Ohh man... I can see!

    Stand-up comic Brian Regan has a great bit about putting off a trip to the eye doctor. It's not that he's procrastinating for any reason, he just always has something else to do -- even if it's not as important as a check-up. Finally, when he goes and gets new contacts, he says:

    I'm wearing new contact lenses, I just had my prescription changed after 6 years. Ya ever wait that long? And then you're like Man I can see! How can 'Instantly Improve Vision' not be at the top of your 'To Do' list? Ehh, I'll see tomorrow - I got a sock drawer I gotta sort out.

    I had a very similar experience last night with our air conditioner. Our huge A/C has been buried in basement storage since we moved here. Several times over the last couple weeks, I got very close to digging it out, but there was always something else that came up (like the need to organize a sock drawer).

    Finally, last night, I pulled it out and installed it, which surprisingly took very little time. Moments later, it was crankin' out a trillion BTUs and cooled down the bedroom in 10 minutes. Why did I wait this long? How can 'Instantly Improve Sleep' not be at the top of my 'To Do' list?

    Man alive. At least we have some cool air now. As the hipsters would say, our bedroom is nice and deck.