Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 03, 2004

    One for the win column

    My week was clouded with losses: A broken toe - check! A sinus cold - check! A wiped out hard drive - check! But every so often, a win comes along that makes the losses fade to the background for a while. I heard back from the management team of the Business Intelligence firm whose website relaunch project is resting squarely on my shoulders. They took a few days to review my web design prototypes (i.e., webpage mock-ups of a new homepage and a deeper content page). When they got back to me, they gave my work a thumbs up. Of course, they had feedback and they're requesting some tweaks. But the changes that need to be made are cosmetic and minor.

    Bottom line: I can begin to move ahead on all the new webpage authoring work. This is a big one for the win column because: 1) they liked my ideas (always a good place to start) including my meager graphic design abilities, 2) their green light means that I have a clearly agreed-upon project secured for the next 3 months, 3) the bulk of my time for the next 3 months will be dedicated to work I really enjoy, and 4) this will be my first soup-to-nuts web project to add to my experience where I have full responsibility over all aspects of the site.

    OK. Maybe I'm a little too excited, sorry. I'm just happy I've got a win on the board to offset the computerless, sneezy, limping losses from earlier this week.