Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 09, 2004

    Simone! Quit playing with your Dingy!

    I had a correspondence last week with the creator of my all-time favorite comic strip, Zippy the Pinhead. The artist Bill Griffith has been including a finicky cat named Dingy in his cartoons lately. Dingy has an uncanny resemblance to our cat, Simone -- in both appearance and personality. One of the Dingy strips from last week came eerily close to Simone. I figured Bill Griffith was peering into our windows at night (after all, Mr. Griffith does live in CT these days).

    I had to let him know, so he got an email from me with an explanation of Simone and some PG-13 images including this one:

    Not very lady-like

    Within minutes, Mr. Griffith replied:

    Sean-
    Glad to hear Dingy made your day (most of his predelictions are based on my spoiled cat, Licky) ---and say hi to Simone. From me, anyway. Dingy thinks she's invading his territory.
    -Bill G.


    Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this correspondence has weaved its way deep into Mr. Griffith's creative mind. I'm hoping we'll soon see a new character in the strip, a female doppelgänger (or love interest?) of Dingy, named Simone.