Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, July 11, 2004

    A summer afternoon in SoNo

    One of Connecticut's best examples of city renewal and revitalization is South Norwalk. 30 miles down the coast from us, SoNo (the historic district) is home to lots of little shops and some fantastic restaurants. Washington Street cuts through the heart of SoNo and is usually hopping à la Newbury Street.

    Washington St in SoNo

    If you ever find yourself here, definitely check out Caffeine at the marina end of Washington Street. Caffeine is a coffee and chocolate lounge with an incredibly relaxing, eclectic atmosphere.

    I wish I was listening to Yo La Tengo's The Sounds of the Sounds of Science while visiting the Maritime Aquarium. The instrumental score that Yo La Tengo created for French filmmaker Jean Painleve's underwater documentaries would've been a great soundtrack to making friends with the sea lions, sharks, sea turtles, seahorses, and *yowsers!* jellyfish.