Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 25, 2004

    The Browser Wars - Round 2?

    As newer web browsers become more stable, more and more folks are making the switch from Internet Explorer to an alternative. Improvements (coupled with unrelenting security issues with IE) have spawned a community of internet users and developers focused on safer, more user-friendly browsers. The growth of this community has seemed to gain some serious momentum in the last few months.

    BrowseHappy is one example of of raising awareness about other options, including Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, and Safari. The opinions stated are nothing new. It's a touchy/feely approach to what the Web Standards Project has been doing for several years. Just a new spin with a few testimonials introducing the notion that choices exist beyond IE.

    My Spidey Sense is telling me that there will continue to be a shift in momentum in the coming months. I just wonder where it'll all lead...