Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 29, 2004

    It took me 234 minutes but I Finnished

    I've been eyeing an unopened 4 CD box set on my desk since I bought it a few months ago. I gathered up the courage today to break the seal of Pan Sonic's Kesto. Four hours of uninterrupted minimal electronic music/noise from the Finnish duo who's been doing this stuff for far too long. All I can say is: Ow. If you want a better, more descriptive reaction, then check out PitchFork's review. Kesto will make you go insane -- in a good way.

    To recover from the mechanized brrrpps and hums of Pan Sonic, I took in my first live show in New Haven tonight. We saw Shawn Persinger and a couple other guitarists play a round robin set in a church foyer. Very eclectic selections from folk to classical to rock to bluegrass to avant garde, all three guitarists were quite good. The evening was very mellow and with the church doors open, the crickets were a nice accompaniment.

    A full day of music, live and recorded, and now it's time for bed.