Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 17, 2004

    The naughty navbar

    I was shocked to find a big ugly Blogger navbar at the top of this site this morning. The Navbar is a new feature of Blogger and it automatically inserted itself when I last posted. According to their Knowledge Base, there are two ways to remove it: 1) Upgrade to the BlogSpot Plus service (which is no longer being offered), or 2) switch to blog publishing via FTP.

    The Navbar lets you search my site and find results through the Google interface. It's a nice feature, but not when it appears as an indiscrete massive bar along the top of the page. Let's see if I can find some time later this week to switch over to FTP publishing.

    [EDIT: The very kind folks at Blogger Support have implemented a new feature of the Navbar -- an "off" choice. So for now, I'm disabling the search bar. Maybe I'll have it pop up again in the future, especially if there are options to display it differently so it's more integrated with the site.]