Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 21, 2004

    Clubbing to the Monster Mash

    My resume on Monster.com hit 500 "views" today. I suppose this means that it's now been seen 500 times -- ideally by 500 different recruiters and companies. Aside from the occasional "WORK FROM HOME! MAKE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS PER SECOND!" spam messages, Monster.com has never effectively pushed my career forward. Then again, I only take advantage of the free listings so I don't give it much chance when it comes to their premium services.

    So my resume has been hanging out on Monster for roughly eleven months. Is 500 hits in eleven months *good*? I really don't know. But hey, here's something: The founder of Monster.com moonlights as a club DJ in Boston.