Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 09, 2004

    Keep blogs on your tabs... Wait, strike that. Reverse it.

    I know there are compatibility issues between some news-readers and Blogger.com's own flavor of RSS (the Atom feed). But it would be interesting to find out how many people read this site using an RSS news-reader. I've considered installing a news-reader but haven't made the leap yet because I enjoy seeing the design of each site, the images, and any new features that may have appeared since the last time I visited. I can certainly see the value in news-readers, though. I make an Atom feed available so the site's more user-centered and it's easy to access posts even if you don't feel like stopping by.

    Having said that, I just discovered blo.gs. As they say, "blo.gs lets you keep an eye on your favorite weblogs via the web, email, and instant messenger." Cool! I searched for a few of my friends' blogs and they were listed, including a date/timestamp of the last update. So with blo.gs you save time on having to visit each individual site for updates, but you also retain the ability to stop by the actual site rather than get text-only posts through a news-reader.

    I'll likely continue to hold off on installing a news-reader in favor of giving blo.gs a try, or.. ooh!.. maybe a neat little Firefox plug-in called Sage.