Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, October 27, 2004

    I haven't felt this way since I was -58

    There's no doubt that, as I type this, legions of New England sports writers are feeling the anticipation of a momentous occasion this evening -- and I don't mean the lunar eclipse. Some are likely dusting off that perfect article they've always hoped to publish but never got the chance to because of an inevitable letdown by Boston defense, or offense, or both. Others are surely banging their heads against a wall wishing there was a better thesaurus out there that could tackle the magnitude of it all. It was an amazing..err, no.. magnificent..mmm, no.. stupendous.. no. I guess lack of sleep can severly affect one's lexicon.

    Strong black coffee is keeping my eyes open this morning. The last two weeks have basically been a blur. Seeing as baseball fans are keen on stats, it's safe to say this is the 14th time in as many days that I have seen little sleep and lots of baseball. I'm exhausted, and if you're a Red Sox fan, you're exhausted too. But it doesn't matter because we'll be able to sleep soon enough.

    I'm not inferring that it's time to bring out the brooms yet (sweep! sweep!), but the momentum is on our side, and I can't think of any better way to cap off this stretch of sleep deprivation than a World Series title the night before we head to Boston.

    Tomorrow we'll be on our way to the capital of Red Sox Nation to celebrate the marriage of two close friends. With any luck, there'll be another reason to celebrate too. But I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan, so I'm packing my rally cap just in case.