Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, November 05, 2004

    Talk about convenient

    I got an email this morning from a recruiter whom I may have contacted earlier this year. I can't remember. Last winter was such a blur with the job search I've lost track of some of the folks I reached out to. Anyway, I'm working in Hartford today and the email was from a technical recruiter at a company that sounded awfully familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Until I looked at his email signature.

    Oh yes! Sapphire Technologies, I think they're nearby. Wait a minute, 111 Founders Plaza -- that's the building *I'm* in. The 8th floor? What the?? They're right down the hall?!?

    I got up from my desk, wandered about 20 feet down the hall and introduced myself: "Hi. My name is Sean. You just emailed me a minute ago?"

    Ahhh... Surprising the heck outta people never gets old.

    Well, he has no job leads or potential projects for me now. But who knows what the future may hold. At least he knows I'm responsive.