Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, December 13, 2004

    Tracks of the Week: Emotions

    Captain Beefheart "I'm Glad" - Don Van Vliet (aka Capt Beefheart) landed on planet Earth around 1967 to release his debut record Safe as Milk. This is his shot at doo-wop. Compared to Beefheart's later output, like Trout Mask Replica and Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller), this is pretty tame. So be thankful for that. Buy It.

    Pizzicato Five "Happy Sad" - Syrupy sweet, kitschy Japanese pop is what P5 is all about. You can't help but bounce around the room to this track. A definite highlight from their Sound of Music album from 1995. I still have my "Carte Pizzicato" fan club card that came with the CD. It comes with a warning: "Rubbing card on one's palm more than five times daily is not recommended." What?!? Buy It.