Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, December 27, 2004

    Tracks of the Week: Icelandic

    Pyro Technix "Timeline" - I love the Twisted Village record store in Harvard Square. Every time I visit, I stumble upon something new and exciting. A couple years ago I found a compilation of Icelandic electronic music there called 42 More Things To Do in Zero Gravity. I had only heard of 1 or 2 artists, but I saw it was on the Thule Musik label and thought it'd be worth a shot. The 2 CD set is great and reminds me of early ambient Autechre, Black Dog Productions, and the seminal Artificial Intelligence comps on Warp, but with an icy sheen. Out of print.

    Múm "Please Sing My Spring Reverb" - Flying into Reykjavik (or more accurately, Keflavik) is an otherworldly experience. You see snowy mountain-tops off in the distance, and the chilly ocean below you. Just when you think you're going to make a water landing, the ground appears and you touch down. You feel like you've arrived on the moon. The barren landscape is breathtaking. Be sure you have this track for your lunar adventure. Buy It.