Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, December 02, 2004

    Windy & Carl for when it's windy & cold

    When the temperature plummets right around this time every year, one of my favorite things to do is to pull out my Windy & Carl albums. The soothing washes of guitar feedback and drowned vocals are comforting when I know winter will soon be here. Although most of their releases have an icy sound to them (like their phenomenal Antarctica EP), there's something about their music that gets me prepared for the snowy days and long nights ahead.

    Maybe it's some sort of strange conditioning that happened back in college when Chris and I marched out on the frozen campus pond late at night and listened to Antarctica's three long drones. Our relaxation was cut short when security thought we were up to some tomfoolery. We weren't, and he walked away, but not before he gave us a look of "what?!?"

    For some truly deep listening, check out Windy & Carl's 3-CD set called Introspection. It's awesome. Here's something from it:

    Bonus Track of the Week: Windy & Carl "Set Adrift (live on wdet)"

    And while you're at it, check out their record store online. It's called Stormy Records. Buy something from them. They're great people.