Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 04, 2005

    Squeeze

    I was in Cambridge this weekend for a friendly little gathering at the Zeitgeist Gallery in Inman Square. The gathering was called "Squeeze" -- and four of us DJed. It was a scene right out of MTV's The Grind. Well, no, not really. But it was a heckuva good time. Check out a few photos.

    Seeing as I rarely DJ, I figured it would be fun to post my setlist here. For those of you who weren't present, the set sounded just as dumb as it looks:

    Kenny Rogers & the First Edition: Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
    Talking Heads: Slippery People (live)
    David Byrne: Dance on Vaseline (Thievery Corporation mix)
    DJ Q-Bert: Redworm
    RJD2: Smoke & Mirrors
    The Roots: Act Too (Love of My Life)
    Nightmares on Wax: Ethnic Majority
    T. Rex: Bang a Gong (Get It On)
    David Bowie: Golden Years
    Thievery Corporation: Omid (Hope)
    Sly & Robbie (with Howie B): Stripped to the Bone
    Beanfield: Re-ac-tion
    Incognito: Get Into My Groove (Jazzanova Re-Groove Mix)
    Ratatat: Seventeen Years
    LCD Soundsystem: Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
    Lee Hazlewood: Ten or Eleven Towns Ago
    Calexico: Alone Again Or
    Patsy Cline: Back in Baby's Arms
    Nancy Sinatra: Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
    Mitch & Mickey: A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow

    A big THANK YOU to Stacie and Chris for making Squeeze happen! The night was skookum.