Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, January 03, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Hip

    LCD Soundsystem "Losing My Edge" - This isn't so much a song as it is an exercise in name checking. It's a narration from a hipster who has, apparently, lost his edge. It's pure genius and it makes me feel like such a pretentious weenie. But he's right, and the song's hilarious. The best is to read along to the lyrics so you don't miss any of the important name dropping. "I hear everybody that you know is more relevant than everybody that I know." Hehe. Buy It.

    Bob McFadden "The Mummy" - Arguably the best track from the Incredibly Strange Music Vol. 2 compilation, this song from 1959 is a touching little dialogue between beatnik hipster and 2,000 year old mummy. Can it get any sweeter? I submit that it cannot. Oddly enough this song can get stuck in your head for days, so beware. Another good one to check the lyrics. Buy It.