Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 15, 2005

    I love independent radio

    As I type this, I'm listening to a request I made on WZBC, my favorite Boston-area radio station. I've never heard an on-air DJ as excited as this guy was when I called. Apparently it was a slow morning and he was just itching for the phone to ring. He was playing lots of melodic indie rock, so I asked for some Charlene. He chose to play "Shot Down" off their 2002 debut album. Good song; great record.

    I miss being able to flip on 90.3 to get a daily dose of ZBC. At least I can still tune in via the web. And they have a blog with concert updates and mp3s now too!