Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, February 03, 2005

    The Name Of This Band...

    ...Is Talking Heads. Tim posted a review and mp3 from this re-issued double live album two weeks ago. Based on his recommendation, I ordered the 2 CD set which arrived yesterday, and I must say, Wow. This is an incredible live collection of early Talking Heads. I love the No Wave feel of their early stuff. It kinda disappeared later in their career. Even if you're a casual fan of Talking Heads, you need this.

    Incidentally, this album put me at the 1,500 mark for CDs, and I'm not sure if I have a better set of live songs anywhere else in my collection. Do yourself a favor and go buy it from Amazon. It's $22.99. What's that? $11.50 a disc? Definitely worth it.