Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 28, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Dot

    Tupilaq "Married the Dragon" - This track appears on the compilation The Knights Who Say Dot from the Swedish label Dot. The album was one of my all-time favorite finds. When it was first released I figured I wouldn't be able to find it stateside at a reasonable price. But I was in England that year (1997), and spent a day in London -- the majority of that day wandering the shops of Camden. Found the CD in Rhythm Records for 8 £. The album is a fantastic little ride through melodic techno, electronic funk, and wacky drum 'n bass. Lots of fun! Out of print.

    Wire "Dot Dash" - Wire is one of those bands I really should've gotten into long before last year. But, for whatever reason, they escaped me and I just recently discovered their music starting with their debut album Pink Flag which has a couple extra songs (including this track) on the CD release. I think this could be my favorite song of theirs. It's pure post-punk poppy perfection. Buy It.