Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 14, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Love

    DJ Krush (featuring Zap Mama) "Danger of Love" - Finding tracks for this week's theme was a cinch. A quick search in iTunes uncovered 308 songs with the word "love" in the title of the artist, song, or album. The tricky part was trying to narrow it down to two songs. I could've been a jackanapes and offered up Mr. T's "Mr. T, Mr. T (He Was Made For Love)" from his atrocious Mr. T's Commandments album. But that would be too mean. So instead you get this amazing track by DJ Krush collaborating with the all-female a cappella African quintet Zap Mama. Buy It.

    Colder "Crazy Love" - Colder's debut album Again got a lot of flack from the critics. Derivative, they called it. Treading on the sacred ground of Joy Division and other post-punk bands from the late '70s and early '80s. I think it's actually a nice little album, and I enjoy this song in particular. It has a nice rolling dubby beat reminiscent of the Krautrock era. You can decide for yourself. If you dig this track, then the rest of the album is worth searching out too. Buy It.