Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 07, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Street

    Bobby Womack "Across 110th Street" - Little-known crime drama from 1972, "Across 110th Street" finds Anthony Quinn as an aging cop butting heads with a young recruit trying to catch crooks who are...blah blah blah. Actually not a bad movie at all, but the film's also a nice vehicle for Womack's soundtrack. If you're a fan of Isaac Hayes ("Shaft") and Curtis Mayfield ("Superfly"), then you'll love this track. Buy It.

    Amon Tobin "Stoney Street" - Pulled from Amon Tobin's debut album Bricolage, "Stoney Street" starts off the album nicely. It has a great little groove between trumpet and violins throughout. Although I wasn't terribly impressed with his live show (basically he DJed his stuff without much creativity), his recorded output is wonderful and I'd suggest starting here if you want more from this Brazilian DJ. Buy It.