Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 28, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Driver

    Omni Trio "Ocean Driver" - Given this track's title, it's only natural that Tim, Chris and I all agree that this makes for great driving music. Omni Trio is drum 'n bass producer Rob Haigh who's been releasing solid jungle for over 10 years. This track comes off his spectacular 1997 record Skeleton Keys. For those of you into really deep grooves and top-shelf synth work, you can't go wrong here. Out of print.

    Huun-Huur-Tu "Ching Söörtukchülerining Yryzy | Song Of The Caravan Drivers (Live)" - Is this great driving music? Mmm, not so much. But that doesn't make it any less fantastic. Tuvan throat singing is, umm, well, a bit of an acquired taste. But if you're willing to indulge, then Huun-Huur-Tu are the guys to check out first. I've seen them live (twice) and have dozed off to their mesmerizing vocal acrobatics (twice). Hnnnhhrrrnnnnooo. Shoo! Buy It.