Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 21, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Seasons

    Blossom Dearie "They Say It's Spring" - This song makes me float. I don't know if it's the drum brushing, subtle piano, or Blossom's voice. But there's a feeling to this song that's so light and airy. She's the voice behind Schoolhouse Rock's "Unpack Your Adjectives" and she's one of my favorite jazz vocalists. The album this track comes from (Give Him the Ooh-La-La) is fantastic and you should really do yourself a favor and: Buy It.

    Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood "Summer Wine" - What to say about this. It's great 60s pop. You've got a bright-eyed Sinatra duetting with a trail-worn cowboy. Endearing and at the same time ridiculous, this track is one of my favorites from their 1968 album aptly entitled Nancy & Lee. Out of print.