Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 07, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Seeds

    Devendra Banhart "Pumpkin Seeds" - This is my favorite Devendra song. It's what got me hooked on his debut album Oh Me Oh My... The Way The Day Goes By The Sun Is Setting Dogs Are Dreaming Lovesongs Of The Christmas Spirit. Phew. That's a mouthful. Recorded on a shoddy four-track (hence the fuzzy sound), this song has a very intimate quality, and it's probably one of the more tender things he's done. Go see him when he passes through your town. Buy It.

    Slag Boom Van Loon "Poppy Seed (Boards of Canada mix)" - This is a who's who of sorts in Intelligent Dance Music. IDM, an electronic music genre that reached its peak at the end of the last decade, was a breeding ground for acts like Aphex Twin, Autechre, and Global Communication. Two more artists that benefitted from this movement are Muziq and Speedy J -- the duo behind Slag Boom Van Loon. With this track, you get their techno wizardry plus the added bonus of a Boards of Canada treatment. Gorgeous. Buy It.