Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 28, 2005

    Confetti for the Corolla

    I was last kid outta the pool when it came to buying a car. Or maybe that should be last kid *in* the pool. Regardless, I didn't own a car until 2003. I didn't need one.

    Immediately after college I began work in Boston and could easily take public transportation. That suited me just fine. Except for those days when the oddest of the odd would plunk down next to me and exhibit some kind of strange behavior. That seemed to happen most days actually. But I survived riding the bus for many years.

    And when I really needed a car for errands and whatnot, Chris was there to lend a hand. Thanks Chris!

    But eventually riding the bus wore thin, and it was time to make the purchase. Well, half purchase that is, the bank owned the other half of my car. Until yesterday. I guess I could say it's a good feeling that I now truly own my Corolla. But there was certainly no big party at the end of the tunnel. I simply got a slip from my bank stating a $0.00 balance on my auto loan. Cue the confetti.

    It's a nice feeling actually. And even though all I got was a flimsy yellow piece of paper, I feel like I grew up a little today.