Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 04, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Blue

    Burger/Ink "Bring Trance Back (To Las Vegas) [Blue Hotel]" - This album is one of the most underrated ones in my collection. I found it for about $6 used, and it always seems to pop up when I'm trolling the used bins. Why? Is it because it was an electronic album released on the indie stalwart Matador? Did it simply just get lost in the droves of electronic CDs released in the mid to late 90s? Who knows. But it's a crying shame that this album isn't heard more often. If you're a fan of chill-out downtempo electronic, pick up Burger/Ink's Las Vegas. It really is a marvelously engaging listen. Buy It.

    MRI "Blue" - Do you find something peculiarly familiar about this track? If you've heard Aaliyah's "Try Again" then I suppose your answer is yes. German duo MRI dedicated their 2nd full-length All That Glitters to the memory of Aaliyah. MRI have released some outstanding tracks on the Force Inc label over the last few years. Every song on All That Glitters is a perfect glitch-house gem. It'd be fun to DJ this MRI track back-to-back with "Try Again" -- mess with the crowd a bit. I'm just not sure which order you'd play them. Buy It.