Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 11, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Twin [part 1]

    Angelo Badalementi "Audrey's Dance" - Senior year of college, when we should have been writing theses and studying for finals, a couple friends and I glued ourselves to "Twin Peaks." It was a marathon dash of renting each video of the series from Ladd Library every day or two. I don't remember how long it took us, but we eventually made it through all 29 episodes, right up until the final scene of "How's Annie?? HOW'S ANNIE?!?" Badalementi's entire score is fabulous, so it was difficult to choose a favorite. But I think this track has a nice allure to it. Buy It.

    Sun Ra "Twin Stars of Thence" - Every so often I'll hear something from a movie or a song that triggers the "where do I know that from?" reaction. Most recently this happened with a few lines from the film "Key Largo" -- a conversation between Bogart and Edward G. Robinson was used in a Psychic TV song from the early 90s. Anyway, I had one of those moments when I first heard this Sun Ra track. It took me a few minutes to place it, but I realized the beat was sampled for U.N.K.L.E.'s The Time Has Come EP (another great album by the way). It's an excellent little instrumental from the one-of-a-kind Sun Ra, with a very catchy groove. Buy It.