Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 18, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Twin [part 2]

    Cocteau Twins "Ivo" - The college radio station I used to work at may have had the largest Cocteau Twins collection in North America. From what I could tell, it had every full-length and single from the seminal Scottish ethereal band. Like the band Wire, chalk up the Cocteau Twins as a band that I really should've explored well before now. However I just recently gave Treasure a listen for the first time. And wow. I mean wow. Not a single clunker on the whole album. Buy It.

    Stars of the Lid "Music for Twin Peaks Episode #30" - Hey kids! Who wants some drone? This is a nice slow-moving piece from the Texan group's The Ballasted Orchestra release from 1997. This track never actually appeared in a Twin Peaks episode. They just seem to like David Lynch a lot. They named another track after Mulholland Drive on their most recent record. I assume they were bowing to the movie, not the road. But who knows with these crazy kids and their post-post-post indie music these days. Buy It.